Train to Sustain –
developing capacity to teach sustainability in VET
Key Action 2: Strategic Partnership for Vocational Education and Training
About the Project
Train to Sustain -developing capacity to teach sustainability in VET is a two-year cross-sectoral project. The aim is to develop vocational education and training (VET) teachers´ and trainers´ skills to guide their colleagues and students in the subjects Sustainability, Circular economy and Lean combined in an innovative way – Train the trainer. The training approach aims at being interactive, experimental and inclusive.
Within the project there are five VET partners in Finland, Denmark, Austria and Portugal all working with sustainability and circular economy issues. The work will be developed in cooperation with associated partners from working life, and Lean principles will be brought on from the Eramus + project Lean for Work and Lean for Life. This strategic partnership develops and produces innovative approaches to professional development of VET trainers´ skills on sustainability combined with Lean in order to train students for working life. Our aim is to provide all students with valuable knowledge and skills on sustainability by the time they graduate.
- To build capacity and confidence of teachers/trainers in teaching sustainability and circular economy combined with Lean principles in innovative ways
- To provide sustained professional development that disseminates the expertise of the partners across the partnership and encourage synergies with organisations in different VET disciplines and different countries
- To increase capacity of each partner to develop sustainability issues on an organisational level and to increase the cooperation with working life on these matter.
- To spread the knowledge and skills of using different digital skills and tools between partners
- To increase capacity of each organization to cooperate at sustainability issues at an EU/international level.
The project outcomes
A high quality training package including four intellectual outputs that will be piloted with VET teachers.
- A Basic theory training package on sustainability, circular economy and Lean. What is what? Why? How?
- An Electronic toolbox with activities to facilitate learning
- Four digital virtual 360 environments from different industries with information and individual activities
- A Teachers’ training guidance/manual
The teaching material will be produced in English, Finnish, Danish, German, Portuguese, Swedish and found on the project homepage.
Finland: Vamia – Vocational college
Finland: Omnia – Espoon seudun koulutuskuntayhtymä
Denmark: EUC Syd
Austria: bit Schulungscenter